The Killington School of Resort Management is truly unique – one of the most innovative programs of its kind in the country.
Based on an educational partnership with the Killington-Pico Resort, The KSRM is focused on developing the individual student to her/his full potential.
The KSRM student is immersed in a learning-living environment which develops a well prepared management professional for the largest industry in the world… or any career that the student wishes to pursue. A career and critical thought focus in a liberal arts institution.
Bottom line: a business/management (B.S.) degree – where the student lives, works and learns in partnership with a world class resort. .
An Overview of The Killington School of Resort Management:
- B.S. – Resort and Hospitality Management in three (3) years instead of the traditional four (4)
- Campus located at the Killington/Pico Resort
- Students live, work and attend classes in Killington
- The Lodge (residence) is a living-learning laboratory for the students
- Students manage and operate The Lodge as well as work for Killington
- Experiential focus, hands on application of business theory
- Two PAID co-op experiences at Killington
- Average earnings = $4500 per co-op/internship …$16,500 for three years (wages earned at Killington only)
- Many students work throughout the year at Killington and other access road properties
- Minimum of 3-4 meaningful work experiences for the student’s resume upon graduation
- One (paid) internship required – student can enroll for up to three (3) internships total
- Internships are all over the world…not necessarily at Killington
- Killington contacts help source internships – with Powdr Corp and others
- Usually completed in summer between year 2 and year 3 …OR…during winter of year 3
- Alumni networks in CO, UT, NV and CA are strong and help sourcing of internships
- Rolling admissions
- Common application, fee waived
- SAT/ACT optional
- Fall (Labor Day – Thanksgiving)
- Winter (Mid December – begin March)
- Spring (Mid March – End of May)
- GMC financial aid: about 93 percent of KSRM students receive GMC aid
- Retention rate is very high: over 90 percent from enrollment through graduation three (3) years later
- Graduation rates: 89.3 % in three years, 98.7 % in five years
- Prospective students are always welcome to visit , stay over, sit in on classes,and shadow KSRM students.
- The KSRM is open from the end of August through the first week of June
- Students are welcome to visit at any time…KSRM does not shut down
- Live the life….stay at The Lodge for a few days and see what the KSRM student goes through