KSRM Academic Program
“I can’t thank you enough for my experience at GMC. I have been using a multitude of skills that I learned there.” Keith Kreischer ’09, Park Manager – Windham Mountain Resort
- Accelerated program leading to a B.S – Resort and Hospitality Management in 3 years.
- Trimester schedule (12 weeks of course work plus final exam).
- Fall and spring terms are traditional course schedules.
- The winter term is devoted to management development through co-ops and internships.
- Students may complete their internship either in the summer between the second and third year, or during the winter of the senior year.
- Course loads are balanced each term with a mixture of liberal arts and KSRM courses.
- Students progress through the program as a single cohort.
- Transfer students are enrolled at the beginning of any term.
KSRM Courses by Year
RHM = Resort & Hospitality Management
RHM 1525 – Intro to Resort Operations (fall)
RHM 1425 – Financial Accounting and MIS (fall)
RHM 1375 – Human Resource Management (fall)
RHM 1050 – Co-Op I (at Killington) (winter)
RHM 1125 – Principles of Resort Marketing (spring)
RHM 1475 – Budgets and Managerial Accounting (spring)
RHM 1550 – Food & Beverage Management (fall)
RHM 1425 – Marketing Research (fall)
RHM 2125 – Retail Management (fall)
RHM 2050 – Co-Op II (at Killington) (winter)
RHM 3275 – Lodging Operations (spring)
RHM 3225 – Hospitality Law (spring)
BUS 2045 – New Venture Development (spring)
CMJ 2025 – Professional Communications (spring)
Third Year (Graduating)
RHM 2175 – Events Planning (fall)
RHM 3220 – Organizational Leadership (fall)
RHM 3050 – Internship (student choice of location) (winter)
RHM 3295 – Strategy & Policy (spring)
RHM 3275 – Green Development (zoning, regulations) (spring)
RHM 3050 – Student can enroll for two (2) more internships OR two (2) free electives (fall and/or spring)